The following is the basic outline presented to my students. I had three separate groups doing this: for only 75 mins a week… Flexibility for completion was needed… this project lead up to several others that covered the MEQ curricula for Grade 8 visual arts and incorporated additional elements of the International Baccalaureate program. I’m starting with photos of a few students work, and the lesson plan outline follows them.
Feb 8th, 2022 – Step 1&2 (2.5 points per photo)
Feb 17th, 2022 – Step 3 & Questions (5 points for photo, 5 points for questions)
Materials needed: sketchbook (or paper), colour pencils, lead pencil
Watch video: https://youtu.be/hFZmNQ4vCUU
Work required (a final work will be created and a total of 3 photos must be handed in):
- Take a page in your sketchbook or a paper from the printer.
- Step 1 – Divide the page in 16 equal parts, which I will then call spaces.
- Take a photo and place it in the GC folder, showing what you have done so far.
- Step 2 – Choose 8 different colors in your color pencil set. Each color pencil will be used TWICE.
- Step 2.2: Color as dark as possible half of 8 spaces, one colour each.
- Step 2.3: Completely fill in the other 8 spaces with the same 8 colours, as lightly as possible. Take a photo and place it in the GC folder
Step 3 – Choose contrasting colours:Step 3.2: Thickly fill in the empty half spaces with a different colour; try to make as many colour combinations as possible.. Step 3.3: In the lightly filled spaces, blend in different colours, from dark to light until have the space has two colours; try to make as many colour combinations as possible.Remember you need to control the pencil strokes so that it is not seen in the art workPhotograph your final work and place it in the GC folder.