See T’Hed Twenty-Two for previous developments
Following my realization that Crayola crayons deliver better and more vibrant colour values, I chose to push more pigment into the card stock paper. Yes, I know I’m back to the multiple aces, but I decided to rest something and stick the faces together. It worked. I’m just not sure about the eye colour on the blue-ish face. I feel had I made them black, it would have glued the two faces too much; this way there is contrast… maybe red or dark green eyes would have been better. On that matter, I see I need to start hunting for better quality wax crayons and start being more selective about my colour pallets. Yup, a good red would be nice!
Well, that will have to wait until I exhaust this bad of old crayons or my card stock. For now, I’m determined to attack the challenges of working with limited pallet choices. All part of the material explorations.
I haven’t figured out how I could use all this with my high school students, but I feel the elementary classes could deffinately have more fun with crayons! I know I’m loving this pure outcome. It just flows and feels meditative to make.
Liminal Art! Maybe that’s the next art movement! Let’s hashtag it and see what happens.