Ok, so there are a few steps added this time. I got zealous and just worked on it, before taking step pictures.
The first thing you might notice since the last photo, is the gradual homogenization of the background. Like the photo, I wanted it to look like a cloudy, foggy, moody thing.
There have been several overcoats of watered down black to build the outline shadow. Today, I started really blending the contours with dry brushing it.
The glossy background is really starting to build tension with the matte finished elephant. The eephant is starting to leave the page.More blending is needed.
More to come…