Well, this week got completely away from me. I barely had any time to paint, or so it felt. In reality, I still managed to do a little each day. Sorry that I didn’t document the smaller steps to this point. But, it has to be submitted for the critique!
This was a hard one at first… I really had no idea what it would look like up until I started adding in the raw umber for my mid-tones and then it just started to unfold… layers of red and yellow; bolder highlights in yellow, then white, and then adding volume to the shadows with the black… I’m happy with most of it, and feel I’m getting better at volumes, but I’m still not sure this one is finished… I’ll put it aside for another day, because tomorrow we start a new challenge… I wonder what it will be!!!
ps: this was written on Thursday, October 15th, 2020.
pps: a little reminder of where this started…