What you’ll see here are 3 pieces of cotton and one of raw silk… all soaked in an alum mordant.

The cotton is soaked in a cool turmeric dye bath. The raw silk was soaked in an acidic food colouring bath. (Made from watering down a direct application colour paste: alum, guar gum, vinegar, & food colouring)

On cotton, I used tape resists, bound objects on cotton, & bleach.

On raw silk I used a clamp resist. NB: I don’t think I let the fabric soak long enough, because when I tried this previously with cochineal, I was concerned that it soaked too long. I was wrong. Live and learn, my freinds.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.