Yesterday, I decided to take a risk and increase the contrast of the foreground by using a chrome oxide green. It still felt a little off.

As I allowed my eye to wander across and over the canvas, I felt the problem was the free-floating horizon line… it needed to blend in more and become attached to the foreground. So I pulled the still wet oxide up and it started to feel more right.

I’m not sure my photo captures it right, but the live painting feels much more complete now. I’m going to sleep on it for a few days, but it might be complete… I’ll sum it up in a few days.

Stay tuned…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.