In a nutshell, I used Payne’s Grey to paint in the shadows and then the painting bug bit. So, I did a nice red wash with a matte and opaque red over the crimson background. I did the same with the green surface in the lower half of the painting. I used a few different blue washes to give the bowl more structure and I am still not satisfied with the brownish base of it… I’m thinking the blue, which is meant to represent the glass on the model needs to extend further down and the reddish-brown terracotta of the visible clay must be more slight… just a hint at the base, not such a large colour presence. I’m not sure… I also added some thickness to the flowers’ branches that pop out of the three subjects.

More to come soon…

Prints & more available at Arts MPerron

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.